ABOUT OUR ASSOCIATION
The Fort Dodge Baseball Association (FDBA) is a 501(c)3 organization that was formed by parents of children who were interested in baseball. This in the past has been an AAU sanctioned Association and in the year 2007 switched to a USSSA sanctioned group.
To this day, parents are volunteer coaches, umpires, concession stand workers etc. The FDBA offers baseball opportunities to youth ages 8-15. Typically at the age of 15, the youth move on to the High School programs. It has been the long term goal of the FDBA to provide a facility where our youth teams, including the High School teams and other area baseball youth, would have a facility in order to hit balls, play catch and continue with their baseball skills 12 months out of the year, and during inclement weather. This facility is also being used to house equipment such as pitching machines that had been purchased over the years for the use of our youth teams. After approximately a 2-3 year search, an ideal, centrally located facility was found, a 5 year lease was signed 1-31-06, and 2-1-06 our dream became a reality in the form of the Fort Dodge Hitting Facility, more commonly known by the youth as the "Bat Cave"!
- Improve the Quality of baseball in Fort Dodge
- Host tournaments for local, area, and state wide teams. For local team competition, and fundraising.
- Improve individual and team talents by: an increased level of competition, and repetition of baseball skills.
- Improve coaching abilities through: coaching clinics, practice organization, and other teaching opportunities.
- Improve player abilities through: camps, practice fundamentals, and individual commitement.
- Provide quality teaching of baseball skills and fundamentals.
- Provide organized practices, and quality competition in weekday games and weekend tournaments.
- Provide for individual and team knowledge of baseball, and develop leadership characteristics for life skills.
- Promote positive attitudes towards each member of the team. To opposing teams, umpires, for individual and team improvement.
- Promote character building and sportsmanship values to players, coaches and families for a fun and enjoyable season.